Sunday 14 September 2014

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival

Last Tuesday, we were celebrating the fifteenth day of the eight lunar month (Mooncake Festival) at Darwin Hall.  After teaching the children a few words on the festival, we proceeded to paint a Lantern.  I picked up this idea while I was travelling in Singapore.  I saw the Chinese lantern display at the Chinatown MRT station and I decided to bring this idea to our Chinese club.
chinese paper lantern display in chinatown singapore
chinese paper lanter display chinatown singapore

So I went online to buy a few 8 inch paper lanterns with a variety of colours.  Then I bought the materials for painting like brushes, paints etc.
All children were very excited and wanted to paint them.  These are the photos of the activities.
This is such a lovely idea for children to decorate the lanterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment